- The Seven Questions That Will Define WrestleMania 33
- The Flash Season 3 Review: 3.18: Abra Kadabra
- adidas and Damian Lillard Unveil the Dame 3 West Campus
- Every Move The Knicks Make Must Be Used To Maximize Porzingis & Hernangomez
- Bates Motel Season 5 Review: 5.6: Marion
- Sonny Says … James Harden is the NBA MVP (For Now)
James Harden and Thunder “getting close” on a contract according to Kendrick Perkins
- Updated: September 12, 2012
According to Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins, the team and James Harden are “getting close” to signing a contract that would keep Harden with the Thunder past this upcoming season. This would be an expensive move for the Thunder who recently signed power forward Serge Ibaka to a four-year, $48 million extension and already have Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook both locked up for several seasons as well. Perkins seems positive about it though:
Speaking at a Thunder Fit Clinic event Wednesday, Perk told reporters that he has high hopes for the Thunder’s biggest remaining offseason question, even going as far to say Oklahoma City is “close” to locking up James Harden to an extension.
“We’re doing good. We’re making positive steps going forward,” Perk said about OKC’s offseason. “We got coach Brooks locked in. We got Serge locked in. And we’re getting close with James, and we’re getting close to keeping our unit together. And we’re still hungry.
“Once James gets here it’s nothing to be said,” he said when asked if he’d try and influence Harden. “He’ll see his family and that’s all he needs. So once he sees everybody’s faces that’s enough said.”
It seems like there’s really no substance here with Perkins, especially since it’s doubtful that the organization is listening to any Thunder player other than Durant. Ironically, if the Thunder do extend or re-sign Harden, Perkins and his about $17.6 million remaining two-year contract after this season could go bye-bye. At this point, it’s all speculation, but the Thunder will have until October 31st to extend Harden. If not, expect lots of rumors until resolution.
(H/T to Daily Thunder)
Latest posts by Dennis Velasco (see all)
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Washington Wizards - October 25, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Detroit Pistons - October 14, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors - October 10, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets - October 7, 2016
- New York Comic Con: Cosplayers Gallery and Other Goodies - October 19, 2015