Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins star in Kentucky alumni game
- Updated: September 17, 2012
New Orleans Hornets rookie Anthony Davis and Sacramento Kings NBA All-Star-To-Be DeMarcus Cousins led the White team to a 121-93 victory over the Blue Team in the Kentucky Alumni Charity Game. Davis and Cousins combined for 82 points. The White Team had hip-hop artist Drake as its celebrity head coach. Check the video below for some Davis highlights:
Cousins dominated the game, scoring 42 points (18-for-24 from the field, including 5-for-10 behind the three-point line) and grabbing 15 rebounds, both of which led all players. However, Davis was no slouch himself throwing down 40 points (17-for-23; 4-for-7 from three), grabbing five rebounds, and blocking only one shot. However, let’s be serious, who plays defense during these games?
The other rookie coming into the NBA from Kentucky, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, led the Blue Team with 32 points (15-for-22) and five rebounds. Other notable players and stats include Antoine Walker on the White team shooting 4-for-6 from the field, of course only taking triples, Tony Delk on the White Team dropping a dozen dimes and Wayne Turner and Derek Anderson scoring 20 points each for the Blue Team.
(H/T to Nation of Blue for the boxscore)
Latest posts by Dennis Velasco (see all)
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Washington Wizards - October 25, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Detroit Pistons - October 14, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors - October 10, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets - October 7, 2016
- New York Comic Con: Cosplayers Gallery and Other Goodies - October 19, 2015