- Warriors Crush Blazers to Complete Series Sweep
- Bates Motel Series Finale Review: 5.10: The Cord
- NBA Awards Roundtable: Defensive Player of the Year
- Silicon Valley Season 4 Premiere Review: 4.1: Success Failure
- Cavaliers Stay On Course, Beat Pacers to Complete the Sweep
- Warriors Pull Off Major Comeback to Take 3-0 Series Lead
Fantasy Basketball: Tyreke Evans (knee) may see extended rest
- Updated: December 18, 2012
Since suffering a bruised left knee Nov. 27 against Minnesota, the veteran guard has missed seven of 10 games. Tyreke Evans left Sunday’s loss to Denver after 10 minutes on the floor. An MRI showed no structural damage to the knee.
Kings coach Keith Smart said it’s not up to him whether Evans needs an extended break.
“That’s something that’s going to come down to him and the medical staff,” Smart said. “My thing is, when I see that you can’t move, I’ve got to pull the plug on you. It’s up to you, the medical staff and your representatives to make that final call.”
The Sacramento Bee
Fantasy Implications: Tyreke Evans is the de-facto leader on the floor for the Kings while also leading them in points and assist. This leaves a gaping fantasy hole for the rest of the team to fill. Expect the remaining starters to see a slight uptick across the board in production overall. The team has also been without super sub Marcus Thornton, as he has been dealing with a personal matter. Thornton is set to return to the team in time for Wednesdays game verses the Golden Stat Warriors. Look for Marcus to be the main recipient of Tyrekes minutes even if he remains coming off the bench. I do have to note Jimmer Fredette came off the bench to score 22 points in Mondays game and could be roster worthy in standard leagues if continues to light it up. As for deeper leagues (14 teams or more) John Salmons & Francisco Garcia will see extended run & may be worth a speculative add if Evans is to miss significant time with this knee injury.
Latest posts by Frankie Buckets (see all)
- adidas Introduces alphabounce Refresh in Athlete Packed Running Campaign - February 16, 2017
- 2017 NBA All-Star Valentines Day Dunk Fest - February 14, 2017
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Denver Nuggets - October 25, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: New Orleans Pelicans - October 24, 2016
- Video: Stephen Curry Stunts in UAS Pivot Crew Sweatshirt on Ellen - September 15, 2016