- 2016-17 NBA Preview: New Orleans Pelicans
- Top 50 NBA Players of the 21st Century – #21 Pau Gasol
- Top 50 NBA Players of the 21st Century – #22 Chris Bosh
- Top 50 NBA Players of the 21st Century – #23 Manu Ginobili
- Top 50 NBA Players of the 21st Century – #24 Amare Stoudemire
- Top 50 NBA Players of the 21st Century – #25 Vince Carter
Toronto Raptors name change?
- Updated: June 6, 2013
Tim Leiweke, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment’s new president and CEO, hinted that the Toronto Raptors could follow the trend of the New Orleans Pelicans and (most likely soon-to-be) Charlotte Hornets by changing the team’s name. At the introduction of new Raptors GM, Masai Ujiri, Leiweke said this about the potential name change:
We’re definitely going to take a look at it. It doesn’t mean we’re committed to it. It means it’s a good conversation. I saw those generic uniforms today in the paper… That won’t be the uniform, by the way. I can assure you of that. I think we need to have this conversation.
What I notice about this trend is that it’s all stinky teams hoping that new identities will make them better. So, let’s just get straight to the point, Toronto Raptors, and change your team name to the Toronto Eh Not So Bads. I think that could work.
Latest posts by Dennis Velasco (see all)
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Detroit Pistons - October 14, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors - October 10, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets - October 7, 2016
- New York Comic Con: Cosplayers Gallery and Other Goodies - October 19, 2015
- New York Comic Con: Harley Quinn Cosplay Gallery - October 15, 2015