- NBA All-Star Weekend Predictions: The All-Star Game
- NBA Celebrity All-Star Game:The Stars Come Out to Shoot, Shine, and Drop Dimes
- The Vans Warped Tour Presented by Journeys and Valiant Team Up for 2017
- NBA All-Star Weekend Predictions: Slam Dunk Contest
- NBA All-Star Weekend Predictions: Three-Point Contest
- NBA All-Star Weekend Predictions: Skills Challenge
New York Knicks fans rally for James Dolan to keep quiet
- Updated: March 20, 2014
New York Knicks fans are exponentially passionate about their team. Sure, so are most franchises’ fan bases, but what sets the Knicks rooter apart from the others is the visceral and highly emotional levels of expectation and immediacy that comes with the city that the Knicks play in. The product on the floor better be the best and they better win now, otherwise, the rabid collective known as Knicks fans will be all over the team. And, by “team,” we mean New York Knicks owner, James Dolan.
Dolan, the impetus for many a shaking of the head and groan of disappointment and/or incredulity, was the focus of a Knicks Fans 4 Life rally that took place on Wednesday before the Knicks took on the Indiana Pacers, the top team in the Eastern Conference. It was a rainy overcast day with the protesters, whose action to send a message to Dolan was both valid and righteous, herded behind metal barriers. In effect, their feelings of imprisonment in the overall stink of this season were made tangible and the only ray of sunshine at this point being the arrival of Phil Jackson, who was named President of the team the previous day.
Baller Mind Frame spoke with two of the rally organizers, Karina Guerrero and Michael Brown, who were gracious enough to speak with us on camera. Apologies in advance for any gusts of wind within the following videos, but we can think of them as either messengers to Dolan’s ear or more air of inevitable broken promises from Dolan’s mouth.
One of the organizers, Anthony Samaroo, actually flew in from Chicago to be present at the rally. Samaroo is the epitome of a hardcore fan and needs to be commended on his obvious commitment. Mister King speaks with him about Jackson, Dolan and Carmelo Anthony.
Finally, Mister King speaks with an old school Knicks fan, Norman. Norman remembers the only two Knicks NBA titles from back in the day. He shares a knowledgeable point of view on the state of the team and reminisces with us, but also looks forward.
Also, if you’ve gone to enough New York Knicks games, you know they never have a drum corp outside of Madison Square Garden on game days. However, funny enough, a drum corp showed up during the Knicks Fans 4 Life protest rally. Shrewd move, Mr. Dolan… shrewd move.
Here are some other rally interviews done by Mister King…
MUSIC: “The Sleeping G” courtesy of The Passion Hifi
Latest posts by Dennis Velasco (see all)
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Washington Wizards - October 25, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Detroit Pistons - October 14, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors - October 10, 2016
- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets - October 7, 2016
- New York Comic Con: Cosplayers Gallery and Other Goodies - October 19, 2015