- Warriors Crush Blazers to Complete Series Sweep
- Bates Motel Series Finale Review: 5.10: The Cord
- NBA Awards Roundtable: Defensive Player of the Year
- Silicon Valley Season 4 Premiere Review: 4.1: Success Failure
- Cavaliers Stay On Course, Beat Pacers to Complete the Sweep
- Warriors Pull Off Major Comeback to Take 3-0 Series Lead
BMF Exclusive: Reebok Classic Ventilator OG debuts in Germany
- Updated: January 19, 2015
The lightweight Reebok Ventilator was first introduced in 1990, and this past weekend, The Good Will Out, the European sneaker boutique in Cologne, Germany had a pre-release party to celebrate the OG colorway that was re-released January 17th. I went there and could see the much-anticipated shoe in advance of the world release. Take a look at the following pictures to see how the new version of the OG came out.
See more on the Reebok Classic Ventilator OG below, courtesy of Reebok America, and a special thanks to Reebok Classic, Reebok Germany, and the The Good Will Out. (Additional credit to BMF Senior Editor Sandy Dover for additional photo post-production.)
In 1990, Reebok released one of their most timeless running designs: the Ventilator. Incorporating Hexalite technology into the shoe to provide greater comfort and better shock absorption it was the perfect shoe for the faster, lighter runner. The durable lugged outsole was designed to give sure-footed traction for both on and off-road running. The visible archbridge in the middle of the shoe was perfectly placed to offer optimum motion control. And the name Ventilator? That came from the ventilated side panels that allowed cooling and breathability. The shoe was ahead of its time.
Twenty-five years later the shoe is a classic. Still as light as it ever was but now worn for street fashion instead of road running. As Reebok celebrates 25 years of the Ventilator in 2015, three of the original colorways return in their true form; stitch for stitch and perfectly color matched for authenticity. Reebok’s newest member, Kendrick Lamar, has been seen rocking this authentic Reebok shoe. Once again, Reebok goes back to its heritage and reintroduces a timeless Classic.
The first style from the Ventilator OG pack is in chalk/grey/green for $109.99 at retailers including Reebok.com, Sneaker Politics, Bait, Packer Shoes, Major and Wish.
BMF Style: The Baller Mind Frame is more than the ball – it’s the lifestyle that surrounds the ball. BMF Style brings you the best styles in sportswear, fashion apparel, and accessories for when you’re away from the venue of play, whether you’re checking for new gear or for your favorite athletes’ pieces outside of the locker room.
Latest posts by Piera Montenero (see all)
- 4/13: The Golden Passing of Kobe’s Warrior Torch - June 13, 2016
- Piera’s Picks: Will the Air Jordan XXX survive the times? - January 18, 2016
- Piera’s Picks: How the Nike Kobe line became a reflection of his career - January 6, 2016
- Piera’s Picks: Holiday Edition - December 28, 2015
- Opinion: Nike LeBron 13 a product of evolution more than drastic change - December 14, 2015