- Knicks To Run Triangle Offense Exclusively Next Season
- Sweet Sixteen Predictions PART 2: Who Comes Out On Top?
- The Flash Season 3 Review: 3.17: Duet
- Kristaps Porzingis Is Ready To Step Into Leadership Role
- Bates Motel Season 5 Review: 5.5: Dreams Die First
- Sweet Sixteen Predictions PART 1: Who Comes Out On Top?
eSports: NBA, Take-Two Interactive Taking NBA 2K to the Next Level
- Updated: February 9, 2017
The NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software, makers of the mega-popular NBA 2K video game, are partnering to form a first-of-its-kind esports league centered around the NBA 2K series, officials from both companies told ESPN.com on Wednesday.
The NBA 2K eLeague, tentatively set to begin play in 2018, eventually will feature 30 NBA 2K teams, each owned by one of the real-life NBA franchises, according to NBA commissioner Adam Silver and Strauss Zelnick, the CEO of Take-Two. The teams, comprised of five human players, will play out a five-month season that mirrors the real NBA season. It will proceed through a regular season of head-to-head games and then to playoffs and a championship matchup. ESPN