- Watch Out for These Future NBA Superstars: The Up-And-Coming New Entries of the All-Star Game
- NBA Awards Roundtable: Rookie of the Year
- NBA Awards Roundtable: Finals MVP
- Warriors Crush Blazers to Complete Series Sweep
- Bates Motel Series Finale Review: 5.10: The Cord
- NBA Awards Roundtable: Most Valuable Player
2017 March Madness – Bracketology Update #1
- Updated: February 13, 2017
It’s mid-February, and that means two things:
First, my birthday is in a matter of days. So get excited and start game-planning what gifts y’all are getting for me. It’s a big one this year. I’m going to be a whole quarter-century old.
Second, we’re just a month or so away from the NCAA Tournament, and that means for the first time all year, Bracketology Projections are actually relevant. I’ve been doing Bracketology for five years now, and if you’re wondering why my word is as good as many so-called experts, here’s the proof – I’ve been improving steadily each year, meaning that I’m getting an increasingly solid feel for what the Selection Committee is valuing. Last year on the morning of Selection Sunday, I correctly picked 63 of the 68 teams in the field, and 56 of those teams were seeded correctly or just one line off. In comparison, ESPN nailed 65 of the 68 teams in the field last year. I’m coming for ya Joe Lunardi!
A couple minor changes have been made from the Top 16 that the NCAA Selection Committee announced on Saturday. I nudged Purdue past Butler onto the 4-line and flip-flopped Florida State and Arizona to reflect Florida State’s loss to Notre Dame on Saturday. Without further ado, here it is!
#1 Seeds: Villanova (East Region), Gonzaga (West Region), Kansas (Midwest Region), Baylor (South Region)
Last Four Byes: California, Kansas State, Marquette, Arkansas
Last Four In: Wake Forest, Georgetown, Michigan, Syracuse
First Four Out: Seton Hall, Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia Tech
Next Four Out: Pittsburgh, Indiana, Illinois State, Rhode Island
Latest posts by Sonny Giuliano (see all)
- 2017 NBA Playoffs Running Diary: Russell Westbrook’s Last Stand - April 26, 2017
- 11 More Questions About The NBA Playoffs - April 20, 2017
- The Struggle of the Diehard Sports Fan - April 15, 2017
- 13 Questions About the NBA Playoffs - April 15, 2017
- The State of the NBA, Part 2 - April 13, 2017