- The Winners and Losers of the NBA Trade Deadline
- Top 50 Stand-Up Comedians: No. 3 – Richard Pryor
- NBA Trade Deadline: 5 Trades That Would Break Knicks Twitter
- Top 50 Stand-Up Comedians: No. 4 – Eddie Izzard
- Lakers Name Magic Johnson President of Basketball Operations
- Celtics and Mavericks Talk Andrew Bogut Deal
2017 March Madness – Bracketology Update #1
- Updated: February 13, 2017
It’s mid-February, and that means two things:
First, my birthday is in a matter of days. So get excited and start game-planning what gifts y’all are getting for me. It’s a big one this year. I’m going to be a whole quarter-century old.
Second, we’re just a month or so away from the NCAA Tournament, and that means for the first time all year, Bracketology Projections are actually relevant. I’ve been doing Bracketology for five years now, and if you’re wondering why my word is as good as many so-called experts, here’s the proof – I’ve been improving steadily each year, meaning that I’m getting an increasingly solid feel for what the Selection Committee is valuing. Last year on the morning of Selection Sunday, I correctly picked 63 of the 68 teams in the field, and 56 of those teams were seeded correctly or just one line off. In comparison, ESPN nailed 65 of the 68 teams in the field last year. I’m coming for ya Joe Lunardi!
A couple minor changes have been made from the Top 16 that the NCAA Selection Committee announced on Saturday. I nudged Purdue past Butler onto the 4-line and flip-flopped Florida State and Arizona to reflect Florida State’s loss to Notre Dame on Saturday. Without further ado, here it is!
#1 Seeds: Villanova (East Region), Gonzaga (West Region), Kansas (Midwest Region), Baylor (South Region)
Last Four Byes: California, Kansas State, Marquette, Arkansas
Last Four In: Wake Forest, Georgetown, Michigan, Syracuse
First Four Out: Seton Hall, Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia Tech
Next Four Out: Pittsburgh, Indiana, Illinois State, Rhode Island
Latest posts by Sonny Giuliano (see all)
- The Winners and Losers of the NBA Trade Deadline - February 23, 2017
- 2017 March Madness – Bracketology Update #3 - February 21, 2017
- The 2nd Annual 30 Team NBA Trade Deadline Challenge - February 20, 2017
- NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Contest: Where Standing In A Single File Line Happens - February 19, 2017
- 2017 March Madness – Bracketology Update #2 - February 17, 2017