Stephen Curry has a new Under Armour signature shoe to power his chase for a second straight championship – the Under Armour Curry 2.5.
After a historic regular season in which he broke his own record for most 3-point field goals and his team set a new record with 73 wins, Curry has his sights set on continuing his dominant play throughout the playoffs. His newest shoe provides the explosive support and dynamic comfort needed for the postseason push.
Inspired by Stephen’s precise movements and focus under pressure, a warrior’s spearhead informs the sharp and targeted design of the Curry 2.5. The spearhead’s diamond shape throughout the upper also symbolizes five teammates working together to create an unbreakable bond.
The Curry 2.5’s expertly molded upper features three key zones for added support, protection and breathability, tailor made for Stephen Curry’s explosive and dynamic game. The combination of Charged Cushioning and a multi-directional traction pattern provides unmatched responsive comfort and control for even his most mind-bending crossovers, jabs and pull-up jumpers.
· Molded Synthetic Upper: Wraps closely around the foot for a lightweight and precise fit. External PU shell provides durable support and structure. A mesh constructed baselayer offers breathability and freedom of movement.
· External Heel & Midfoot Shanks: Deliver locked-in stability through heel, arch and forefoot to provide support and eliminate sliding.
· Charged Cushioning: The ultimate advancement in energy. Absorbs impact and converts it into a level of responsive comfort you’ve never felt before.
· Multi-Direction Herringbone: Outsole traction offers maximum floor control and grip.
· The Bay Bridge – Molding details in the PU include lines inspired by the bridge that connects the East Bay to San Francisco.
· Coordinates of Oracle Arena – GPS coordinates of Stephen’s home arena are included on the heel.
The Curry 2.5 will release on May 28 at UA.com and Foot Locker, followed by a worldwide July 1 release at global retailers for $134.99.