- 2016-17 NBA Preview: Washington Wizards
- Top 50 NBA Players of the 21st Century – #19 Carmelo Anthony
- Game of Rings: Which Member of the Fallen OKC Thunder Dynasty Will Prosper?
- Kristaps Porzingis Joins adidas Basketball
- Roundtable: Top 5 Characters From 21st Century Drama Series
- Pop Culture’s Best Bromances
For A Grey Day: Nike KD7 Calm Before The Storm
- Updated: August 15, 2014
Courtesy of Nike | featuring the Nike KD7 Calm Before The Storm
Like the deceptive calm before a storm, Kevin Durant can strike unpredictably and from anywhere on the court. At one moment he may appear cool and poised, but within a second he can instantly strike for 20 points in a quarter with lightning-quick decision making.
Nike designers have woven this weather narrative into Durant’s seventh signature shoe, as the Nike KD7 Calm Before the Storm finds inspiration in KD’s game of steadily intensifying danger on the court. The shoe’s grey and pink color suggests a tranquil horizon before an impending storm.
Personal cues that are featured on each KD7 include a silhouette of Durant’s home state of Maryland embedded on the outsole and the names of his mother Wanda, his grandmother Barbara, his father Wayne and his brother Tony are featured on the forefoot strap.
Latest posts by Sandy Dover (see all)
- Look Closer presents… M.W for Reef, Fall 2016 - October 17, 2016
- Look Closer presents… Creative Recreation Deross - October 14, 2016
- Look Closer presents… Skullcandy Grind Wireless - October 12, 2016
- Look Closer presents… Hurley x Fender Capsule Collection - October 12, 2016
- Look Closer presents… Joseph’s Toiletries Swiss Glacier Collection - October 10, 2016