It’s always great to be perform well, but sometimes, it’s nice to do it with a little flash — that’s the adidas Chromaflage Cleathead Collection in a nutshell.
Top performance meets glitz and glam looks.
See more on the Chromaflage Cleathead Collection here, courtesy of our friends at adidas.
adidas today unveiled the 2016 adizero 5-Star 5.0 x KEVLAR® ‘Cleathead Collection.’ Built for speed and performance and designed to make a statement, this special edition pack of cleats is centered around the all-new Chromaflage pattern, the latest evolution of adidas Football’s iconic and disruptive ‘flage’ pattern cleats.
Chromaflage takes the innovation, disruption and customization of football cleats to another level by adding the element of 3D photorealism. Pushing the boundaries of manufacturing techniques, adidas designers created an environment where an actual photo or image could be projected through a 3D liquid crystal graphic to create a distorted, 3D Chromaflage pattern. Through digital printing, each image utilizes the liquid crystal to add depth and richness to the imagery in order to create a unique 3D look, while keeping the same Chromaflage feel.
With eight Chromaflage designs to choose from in the ‘Cleathead Collection,’ players can extend their personalities, showcase their individuality, and represent their team and much more. There’s a story in every pattern and there’s a pattern that speaks to every player’s game, style of play, mindset, lifestyle, hometown, allegiance, aspirations and inspirations.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘Viper’ – Representing the colors of the black viper snake. Stealth in nature, yet clearly visible when provoked. One play can change the game. One strike and it’s over.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘Showtime’ – Inspired by the iconography and neighborhoods that make up Los Angeles. Westwood is set between Santa Monica and Beverly Hills and the epicenter of SoCal football culture. The ‘Showtime’ represents living that “Hollywood” lifestyle and playing for the spotlight.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘Foreman’ – Signifying the hard-nose, blue collar, no-nonsense work ethic and industrial cities that America was built on. The ‘Foreman’ is dedicated to the player that is ‘always-on’ and committed to winning by outworking their opponent at every level.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘Rattler’ – Embodying the patterns and instinct of the desert rattlesnake. The ‘Rattler’ announces its presence and lets the opponent know they’re in for a long day.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘Natural’ – Personifying the landscape and energy that surround the cities and football talent along the coasts. The ‘Natural’ reflects the laid-back lifestyle, combined with the natural talent and ability that makes it seem as if the game comes easy to this player.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘Tailored’ – Taking visual cues from the texture of the fabrics that are combined to create the woven patterns of the innovative TECHFIT uniform. The ‘Tailored’ focuses on the attention to detail and style for the player that has that signature look.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘GLO’ – Highlighting the clarity and precision cut of diamonds. The ‘GLO’ showcases the mindset of having some flash and style, while having ice in the veins and being clear under pressure.
- adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar ‘Gambler’ – Inspired by the iconic Flamingo casino, along with the visual noise and neon signs of the casino strips around the globe. The ‘Gambler’ taps into high-stakes energy and that ‘go-for-it-all’ mentality and style of play.
The 2016 adizero 5-Star 5.0 x Kevlar
Engineered for playmakers, designed to showcase style. Lighter than any competitor cleat at 7.9 ounces, the lightweight adizero 5-Star 5.0 features a durable, flexible a SPRINTSKIN upper with SHOCKWEB reinforcement. The 5-STAR FRAME, featuring a plate reinforced with KEVLAR®, is the optimum blend of lightweight, strength and traction.
Kicking off in 2013, the original adidas Football ‘flage’ design featured a 2D zigzag pattern called Carmouflage, which was inspired by the pattern that car companies use as wraps when testing unreleased cars. In 2014, the ‘flage’ pattern saw the inception of Mantraflage, which featured a variety of words that described the play and mindset of athletes on and off the field.
The ‘Cleathead Collection’ will be available Monday, 12/7/15 at adidas.com. For more information and images of the ‘Cleathead Collection’ of Chromaflage football cleats, visit http://news.adidas.com/US and follow the conversation on Twitter via @adidasFballUS and https://www.facebook.com/adidasfootballus#cleathead#teamadidas